Stuck for something tasty to cook on Easter Sunday? We’ll be trying this Asian inspired Sea Bass with Sizzled Ginger, Chilli, and Spring Onions recipe from BBC Good Food!
Sea bass with sizzled ginger, chilli & spring onions
Preparation 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 6 x sea bass fillets, about 140g/5oz each, skin on and scaled
- about 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- large knob of ginger , peeled and shredded into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 fat, fresh red chillies deseeded and thinly shredded
- bunch spring onion , shredded long-ways
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Season 6 sea bass fillets with salt and pepper, then slash the skin 3 times.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan and add 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Once hot, fry the sea bass fillets, skin-side down, for 5 mins or until the skin is very crisp and golden. The fish will be almost cooked through.
- Turn over, cook for another 30 seconds – 1 minute, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. You’ll need to fry the sea bass fillets in 2 batches.
- Heat 2 tbsp sunflower oil, then fry the large knob of peeled ginger, cut into matchsticks, 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves and 3 thinly shredded red chillies for about 2 mins until golden.
- Take off the heat and toss in the bunch of shredded spring onions. Splash the fish with 1 tbsp soy sauce and spoon over the contents of the pan.